Friday, July 27, 2018

When I Grow Up

The Trucker and I were outdoors today, doing yardwork ahead of the the latest multi-colored threat/blessing on the weather radar. I was distracted by explosions of mirth next door. High pitched giggles, squeals, and deep chuckles.
Our newly retired neighbor was teaching his helmeted great-grandson the fine art of maneuvering a tricycle down the driveway, and guarding him from scooting onto the street.
For years now, our neighbor and his wife have devoted their time to caring for great-grandchildren - their own family "daycare," as opposed to seeing the children in a standard daycare situation. Investing time and energy, when it could be said they have earned the "right" to relax on easy chairs.
I want to be like them when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment