Friday, June 15, 2018

The 1987 KW

En route to a weekend with the Trucker's siblings and spouses, a detour happened.  To an overgrown, abandoned lot along Route 180 in Watsontown, PA.  The reason?

The 1987 KW bought  by the Trucker in 1992.  He drove it for one year.  

It was in rough shape.

The steps were too unstable to let me climb into the cab.  Though looking in, I still remember a little fellow in blue denim overalls, standing between the seats, not quite as tall as the shifter, but wanting to "help".

The heater on the top shelf was where my baby slept while I cleaned the cab and bunk.

For nights on the road, we made a little bed for him on the floor of the bunk.  Once in Florida, when I reached down to check him in the night, he was not there.  I still remember the shock and fear.  He had rolled back under the bunk, out of reach.  After I found him and calmed down, adjustments were made for his new-found skill of rolling over (even in his sleep)!

Here it is in better days.



Ronnie was four months old when we went to Florida for oranges in April...

...and ten months old when we went to Colorado for spinach in October.

This photo is from June of 1993, at the Transport for Christ Rally in Lebanon, PA.  It shows the paint job on the toolbox .  Ronnie is sitting in the bunk.

Memories....











No comments:

Post a Comment