Thursday, February 1, 2018

Reading on the Road

February 1, 2018

Now that my voice has mostly healed, the Trucker and I enjoyed Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery together the last days of this trip.  Although, certain passages did bring out some of the emotion that we have been choking back recently.  Some passages that resonated with me:

P. 83
I do not wonder that babies cry when they wake at night.  Everything presses on my soul then and no cloud has a silver lining.

P.147-148
We have learned to go on with life...as a matter of course.  If they do not come back, I know my heart will break (completely)...yet I go on and work and plan...and even enjoy life by times.  Just for the moment we don't think about things, and then - we remember - and the remembering is worse...

p. 188-189
The fierce flame of agony burned itself out and the grey dust of its ashes were all over the world...it was possible to go on with existence, since existence had still to be reckoned with.  There was work to be done.  She had to put on calmness and endurance as a garment in the day; but night after night she lay in her bed weeping...








No comments:

Post a Comment